Bible Questions

Journey with me through a study of the Epistle of James and beyond. Each entry is a question, and with it the answer I propose. Your answers and all relavant discussion are also welcome.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

Current Study Verse James 1:3 (ESV)

2 Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, 3 for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. 4 And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.

Monday, July 18, 2005

James 1:2 — Verse Translations

NIV: 2Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials [temptations] of many kinds, 3because you know the testing of your faith develops perseverance. 4Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.

KJV: 2My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations; 3Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience. 4But let patience have her perfect work that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing.

ESV: 2Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, 3for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. 4And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.

Greek Transliteration of James 1:2 with brief definitions:
pas all, any, every chara joy, gladness, cheerfulness, delight hegeomai deem, consider, esteem, count, command, lead adephos brother, sibling (connected by womb, literal or figurative) mou I, me, my poikilos various hotan when, while, till peirasmos prove by experiment, temptation, or adversity peripipto fall into or among, be surrounded with poikilos various, diverse, motley, of uncertain derivation

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home