Bible Questions

Journey with me through a study of the Epistle of James and beyond. Each entry is a question, and with it the answer I propose. Your answers and all relavant discussion are also welcome.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

Current Study Verse James 1:3 (ESV)

2 Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, 3 for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. 4 And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.

Monday, July 25, 2005

1.2.3 Are fellow Christians your brothers?

This question is really two…

a) Do you feel close to fellow Christians, as like brothers?
This is a personal question. For me, I feel an immediate kinship with someone I recognize as a fellow believer. After asking this question of others I know many people do not quickly accept others as siblings in Christ. There’s at least something we all have in common. I don’t expect to agree on politics or even theological details, but Jesus Christ doesn’t change, nor his Lordship or Sovereignty.

b) Do you think of them as brothers?
This is kind of the same question, but rather than the subconscious feeling, do you make it conscious? Philemon 16: no longer as a slave but more than a slave, as a beloved brother—especially to me, but how much more to you, both in the flesh and in the Lord.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home